Friday, April 3, 2015

Great show with The Sonics last night

I go to play the tune "Cinderella" with The Sonics last night. Their set caught the band in top form. It was amazing to see them live. I imagined being in the audience at the Spanish Castle in 1965. (This is the venue immortalized in the Jimi Hendrix song.) My point is that their energy and straight-forward arrangements actually transcended time. They were the forbearers of Punk Rock who opened doors for many in the Pacific Northwest music scene.

Here are some images by Brian Kasnyk.

Group Photo


Chris Ballew & Myself
Rhythm Section: Myself with Dusty Watson

4 comments:

  1. That must have been quite a show! Any footage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your rocking with the sonics. Id like to get a first pressing of their album on vinyl.
    Krist do your remember on tour with nirvana you crashed the van in Sydney Australia with Dave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krist, I was wondering if you're a listener of the late, great Qawwali singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan? I was listening to his music earlier, and the harmonium work reminded me of your interest in accordions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my baby in the blender again. and my toaster has poptarts stuck and the bottom I'm worried might burn after a while.

    ReplyDelete